I have to admit I do not wear red lipstick too often, I personally prefer natural lips....But sometimes you just gotta give red lips a go..now having said that it is not that easy.....here is how I do mine:
1) I give my lips a little scrub, I just do that with an old but clean toothbrush....you could also use a bit of sugar with a bit of cream or vaseline..
2) Then I completely "cancel" my lips with concealer..It makes it easier to put on lip liner and change the shape of your lips a bit if needed..
3) Then with a lip liner I draw slightly above my natural lip line and make them a bit more round..be aware just millimeters ..And then color in the full mouth...now applying a lip liner before lipstick gives your lipstick have less chance to run..and also it will stay longer..when you need to correct something do it with either a clean lip brush or a concealer crayon
4) After that I proceed with the lipstick..I take a lip brush and slowly apply starting with the outerline and than the rest..once that is done I take a Kleenex..and peel it till I get a very thin layer..that thin layer of Kleenex I dap it on my lips and hold it there...and with a big brush I dap some loose powder on the Kleenex..the powder makes the lipstick stay longer
5) if you are happy with a matt finish all you have to do is apply the lipstick one more time..if instead you prefer a glossy finish, which is obviously more risky, you apply your lipgloss..
Now to avoid having more red on your teeth than your lips: some people put some kind of greese on their teeth but I can't deal with that..so what I do is I lick my finger;) I know it sounds a bit funky but I mean just like when you ve been eating chips and you clean your finger..,hahaha..all the lipstick/gloss that would have ended up on your teeth will now be on your finger..wash it off and your ready to go..don't forget to bring a little mirror and your gloss for a touch up ...here is the result:)
Here is a list of the products i used and the ones I like best: